Archive for March, 2008
Wiley | 1999-01-25 | ISBN: 047131952X | 324 pages | PDF | 1,9 MB
Information Security/Java “This book is mandatory reading for every user and developer of Webware.” -Peter G. Neumann, Moderator of the Risks Forum, from his review of the first edition Securing Java Java security is more important now than ever before. As Java matures and moves into the enterprise, security takes a more prominent role. But as Java evolves, its security issues and architectures get more complicated. Written by the world’s leading experts on mobile code security, this updated and expanded edition of the groundbreaking guide to Java security includes lessons for Web users, developers, system administrators, and business decision-makers alike. This book navigates the uncharted waters of mobile code security and arms the reader with the knowledge required for securing Java. It provides in-depth coverage of:
* The base Java security sandbox, made up of the Verifier, Class Loaders, and the Security Manager
* Code signing, stack inspection, and the new Java 2 security architecture
* The pros and cons of language-based enforcement models and trust models
* All known Java security holes and the attack applets that exploit them
* Techniques commonly used in malicious applets
* Twelve rules for developing more secure Java code, with explicit examples
* Hard questions to ask third-party Java security tools vendors
* Card Java security, smart card risks, and their impact on e-commerce security
On the companion Web site http://www.securingjava.com you’ll find:
* The Java Security Hotlist: Over 100 categorized and annotated Java security-related Web links
* An e-mail list to keep subscribers abreast of breaking Java security news
* A complete electronic edition of this book
PHP Speedy is a script that you can install on your web server to automatically speed up the download time of your web pages. Here’s an example, from a test page:
Before PHP Speedy – 14 requests that took 4.44 seconds
After PHP Speedy – 4 requests that took 1.1 seconds
PHP Speedy automatically joined together all the appropriate files and compressed them, greatly reducing the load time of the page. Let’s see what Yahoo’s Y-Slow makes of this:
Before PHP Speedy – Grade F (44)
After PHP Speedy – Grade A (96)
Don’t take my word for it
You can have a look at the test page for yourself:
You can download PHP Speedy from this link: PHP Speedy 0.4.6 download
Installation – via auto-install
In order to install PHP Speedy you should:
- Download and unzip the PHP Speedy package into its own directory
- Point your browser to the PHP Speedy directory
- Follow the installation instructions
Installation – manual
If you prefer to manually install things:
- Download and unzip the PHP Speedy package into its own directory
- Delete the index.php and install.php files
- Open config.php
- Fill in the blanks for the variables (apart from username and password). You might enter something like this:
$compress_options[’document_root’] = “/home/my_site/public_html”;
$compress_options[’css_cachedir’] = “/home/my_site/public_html/aciddrop/php_speedy/”;
- Make sure the directories you specified for the cachedirs are writable
- For the GZIP, minify and expires options 1 is on and 0 is off
- Open the php file that controls the output of HTML that you will be compressing. This might be something like index.php. Include the php_speedy.php file at the very top, i.e like this:
- Add this code at the very bottom $compressor->finish();
“SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 is awarded as the best RAW converter for digital images!”
Nowadays consumer digital cameras are very popular because of their ease of use. Unfortunately, consumer digital compact cameras have limited functionality that reduce the quality of the image and therefore produce inferior results.
These shortcomings could be: unnatural jagged edges, unnatural colours, over saturation, over sharpening, pixilation and excessive colour noise from high ISO photos.
In order to achieve better quality images, RAW photography has become increasingly popular over the last couple of years. Many enthusiastic (semi) professional photographers are demanding the best quality from their cherished images. As a consequence, photographing in RAW format bypasses standard factory camera settings and enables you to creatively explore the full potential of your camera.
Digital SLR cameras and high-end compact cameras offer the possibility to use RAW image formats, which is the native data received directly from the sensor. The SLR camera is a Single Lens Reflex camera. For further explanation, open document link located to the left at the beginning of the article entitled, “SLR camera.”
Regular Consumer digital compact cameras tend not give the user access to the RAW data, as this is normally processed within the digital camera to produce an image in the more readily accessible format of JPG.
By using RAW images you are not just a “happy snapper” that is satisfied with stock JPG finished pictures, but rather an enthusiast that wishes to process and adjust images on a computer with greater processing power than a regular digital camera. This offers you the benefits of greater image flexibility and creativity, leading towards better results.
JPEG, which is commonly used, compresses data using the sensitivity characteristics of the human eye. Therefore, it compresses image data into a small file size while still maintaining a pleasing image. However, image quality is significantly degraded due to the nature of the compression process.
SILKYPIX is a RAW converter software that lets you solve all these problems and opens a whole new world of digital photography for the enthusiast to explore.
SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 is an all-round RAW converter with feature rich functionalities that produces the best results for your cherished images. With top notch adjustment parameters in an intuitive user interface you can enhance your own pictures with silky smooth results!
SILKYPIX is specifically developed for enthusiastic photographers and professional users. The software offers a professional colour management engine, including ICC profiles along side comprehensive development functions such as white balancing, contrast, sharpness, saturation, lens correction, image perspective and trimming (cropping), outputting and printing. The extended Adobe RGB colourspace is also supported.
10 Advantages of RAW images with SILKYPIX?
Control white balance
Increase dynamic range while working with higher bit depth
Better exposure control
Tackle noise problems at source
Improve sharpening at source
Optimise output file size
Unlimited image modifications at source
Greater image flexibility
Higher quality outputs
The program supports over 120 cameras and works under both Windows (including Vista) & Macintosh (including Universal Binary) platforms.
SILKYPIX can read the RAW format from almost all digital SLR cameras on the market, and also works with JPG’s & TIFF’s from any other source.
New Features in Version 3.0
* Differences in Image Quality: Improved development engine
* Differences in Tone: The nonlinear processing components of output gamma and tone curve levels have changed.
* Differences in Highlight rendering: The new development engine uses high graduation sequencing to aid silky smooth highlight recovery.
* Differences in Parameters: Sub controls, sharpness controls, noise controls, highlight controls and colourspace have changed.
Feel free to download a trial version of SILKYPIX, so you can experience yourself the silky smooth results that SILKYPIX RAW converter offers for your lifetime images.
Competitive advantages of SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0
* SILKYPIX provides non-destructive editing of images, so your originals remain untouched and intact for years to come.
* Development parameters can be organised and stored as individual preferences (Tastes) for instant recall and subsequent application to other images.
* Exposure control: Take control of your image’s exposure and correct under or over exposed photos after the event, using the exposure adjustment control. This can help save photos that may previously have been deemed unrecoverable.
* White balance: Since white colours are recorded differently under different light sources, you can take control of your photo’s white balance and say goodbye to irritating colour casts.
* Contrast: Flat or overly harsh images can be uninspiring to the eye. Take control of your image’s contrast after the event by using the contrast adjustment control and its presets to breathe life back into your photos.
* Saturation: Under harsh light, dominant colours can sometimes overshadow passive colours making an image look garish, likewise flat light can make colours look muted. Take control of your image’s saturation levels and subdue colours or make them more vibrant. The choice is yours!
* Lens correction: Unlike some other RAW converters, SILKYPIX provides aberration, shading and distortion correction functions as standard. So there’s no need to buy expensive plug-ins or use a separate application to remove and repair these unwanted visible errors.
* Image rotation and perspective correction: SILKYPIX provides comprehensive image rotation, vertical and horizontal perspective correction functions as standard, no 3rd party add-ins required. Take control and banish those leaning buildings and crooked horizons forever!
* Trimming: SILKYPIX lets you to non-destructively crop and cut your original images anyway you see fit.
* Sharpening: Add precise detail sharpening to your images like you’ve never seen before using state of the art “Pure Detail” algorithms.
* Outputs: Create a JPG for a document or web page, or a TIFF for subsequent creative processing in your favourite image editing software. SILKYPIX gives you full control over images size, compression and bit depth, to tailor your output according to your subsequent media needs.
* Printing: SILKYPIX yields professional high quality printed output with additional facilities for image preview, output sharpening and contact sheets. So there’s no need to use 3rd party printing applications to get professional results.
Windows® XP/Vista/2000/ME Pentium Processor:
Apple® Mac® OS X v10.2 (Mac OS X v10.3 or later)
Support Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)
Supports Core Duo & Universal Binary
DOWNLOAD : 25.1 MB
PASSWORD : http://www.dl4all.com
Path Styler Pro is a plug-in for Photoshop and Illustrator that uses paths to create images with super sharp bevels. Powerful new features like procedural maps, metallic materials, textures, and reflections allow you to instantly create high-quality graphics for Web pages, logos, cover illustrations, and more.
Download : (Adobe Illustrator)
Download : (Adobe Photoshop)
SMART (Simple Accurate Translator) is language translator software bases on computer converses. Compared to software other translator that has circulated in the market, SMART haves excesses as follows:
· SMART can say sentence Bahasa UK and Indonesian [language] because SMART is provided with technology of Indonesian [language] text to speech and can exploit text to speech that provided in Microsoft Windows operating system.
· SMART are designed with user interface in common (standar) with application programs in environment of Microsoft Windows operating system, until one who first time mengoperasikanpun will easily use software SMART.
· SMART are provided with technology “smart translation and smart dictionary”, so it’s can conduct better translation was from software of a kind other when translate word/sentence that hung from context that the of.
· SMART conducts quicker translation
· SMART can translate Microsoft Word document directly, until a large part of document formats that already you make in Microsoft Word can be defended.
SMART-Translator are designed with intuitive and easy to operate display by user that has been become accustomed use applications in environment of Microsoft Windows operating system. A large part of menu structure and operation ways SMART-Translator equal to application programs Windows in general.